These trails listed below recommended and submitted by chapter members. If you want to submit a trail, please create the files using Google Earth or PlotaRoute. Although there are multiple viewers of KML files, we recommend Google Earth or PlotARoute . View them from this site or download the files to your device to view them. Happy trails to you.
We also have google maps within our web pages. We use this google tool to embed the maps right on the page.
Idaho State Parks and Recreation Trail Map offers a list of most trails (motorized and non-motorized) in the state. Zoom in for details (best viewed on a PC).
To find camping in national forests nation wide, try the National Forest interactive map.
When ridding in the National Forests and Wildernesses, it is best that you have one or more of these map programs on your phone as they are getting quite sophisticated. Some recommendations are:
BCHA has a link to Trailmeister .
The following links take you to PLOTAROUTE to display trail info. Scroll down to see additional info. Create your own map and submit it to the webmaster.
- White Clouds – 4th of July Trail Head
- Sawtooth – Pettit Lake/Tin Cup Trail Head
- Sawtooth – Stanly Lake
Mountain Home/Soldier Mountains
- Willow Creek Transfer Camp (East of Featherville)
- Bear Creek Transfer Camp (North of Fairfield)
- Ear Creek Sheep Camp (North of Hill City)
WHAT IS RIDGE TO RIVERS?
Ridge to Rivers is a partnership between the City of Boise, Ada County, the Bureau of Land Management Boise District, Boise National Forest and the Idaho Department of Fish and Game. The goal of Ridge to Rivers is to provide a high-quality system of trails for the enjoyment of Treasure Valley residents and visitors to the Boise Foothills. The Ridge to Rivers management area stretches from Highway 55, east to Highway 21, and from north Boise to the Boise ridgeline. Some trails are marked not for Equine use.
Ridge to Rivers Trail System Map or Interactive Map
MORE TRAILS :
- Emmett Hwy 16 south of Emmett
- Eagle Island Eagle
- Emmett Sand Hollow Rd East of Emmett
- Cowboy Campground Idaho City
- Kuna Butte south of Kuna
- North Eagle Foothills North of Eagle
- Lime Creek – exit: Blacks Creek Road east of Boise
- Woop_Um_Up Loops between Loman and Idaho City on ID 21
Hells Canyon/Seven Devils Windy Saddle Horse Camp (West of Riggins)
Horseback Riding in Idaho State Parks
Horseback riders will enjoy the many trails and camping opportunities in Idaho state parks. Several parks have trails specially designed for horseback riding as well as camping places designed for horse travel and care. Every region of the state offers a state park with something special for horse riding enthusiasts. Most parks offer overnight camping and accommodations.
- Bruneau Dunes State Park South Central Id. Map.
- Castle Rocks State Park South East Id. Map.
- City of Rocks National Reserve South East Id.
- Eagle Island State Park South West Id.
- Farragut State Park North Central Id.
- Harriman State Park East Central Id.
- Hells Gate State Park Central Id.
- Heyburn State Park North East Id.
- Idaho City Trail System South West Id.
- McCroskey State Park North West Id.
- Thousand Spring State Park South Central Id.
- Ashton to Tetonia Trail North East Id.